Do you want a breakfast that will give you energy and make you feel ready to take on the day? The well-known pancake recipe cracker barrel is all you need.
In this article, we’ll look into the secrets behind the delicious Cracker Barrel Pancakes Recipe. We’ll give you step-by-step steps and expert tips so you can make this delicious dish in the comfort of your own kitchen.
A Brief History of Pancakes
People all over the world like pancakes, which have been around since the 5th century in Greece. The first varieties were made using wheat flour, olive oil, honey, and curdled milk, and they were then referred to as tagenites. They are also called hotcakes, griddle cakes, and flapjacks in the United States. In early America, Johnnycakes were a staple flatbread made from cornmeal.
Ingredients: Cracker Barrel Pancakes Recipe
2 cups flour for everything
1 tablespoon of sugar in granules
1 tablespoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon soda for baking
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 cups of buttermilk
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
Equipment: What You Need to Make Perfect Pancakes
To make sure that making pancakes goes quickly, you’ll need the following:
- Bowls to mix (2)
- Cups and spoons used to measure
- griddle or pan that doesn’t stick
- A spatula
- Large spoon or ladle
How to Make Cracker Barrel Pancakes- Step-by-Step
To make the best cracker barrel pancakes recipe, just follow these easy steps:
1. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a big bowl. Whisk until everything is well mixed.
2. Whisk the buttermilk, eggs, and veggie oil together in a separate bowl until smooth.
3. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients while stirring until they are just mixed. Be careful not to mix too much, because that can make the pancakes tough.
4. Heat your griddle or pan over medium heat and lightly grease it with cooking spray or butter.
5. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake with a ladle or big spoon.
6. Cook the pancakes for two to three minutes, or until the tops start to get bubbles.
7. Turn the pancakes over and cook for another minute or two, or until they are golden brown.
8. Take the pancakes off the stove and put them in a warm place while you make the rest of the batter.
9. Serve the warm pancakes with butter, maple syrup, and any other toppings you like.
Yummy Toppings For Cracker Barrel Pancakes Recipe
Fruit – I usually put blueberries, strawberries, and bananas on my pancakes. They taste good, are good for you, and make great natural sweets.
Jam – If you don’t want fresh fruit, you could add jam. Either blueberry or strawberry jam can be used. You can also use juice made from figs or guavas.
Chocolate Syrup- A good reason to eat some chocolate in the morning. Any sweet food, like pancakes, tastes better with chocolate syrup.
Syrup Made at Home –If you run out of maple syrup, you can make your own with water and sugar at home. You can also add a little something extra by putting a few drops of orange juice or orange rind in it. Refreshing orange syrup!
Honey-Honey is a great choice for maple syrup. It’s better for you, but it tastes just as good!
Peanut butter is –I love peanut butter in anything sweet, and I don’t skimp when I put it on my pancakes. It tastes even better with some chopped nuts on top
Bacon and eggs –A traditional, spicy topping for pancakes. I like my fried eggs and bacon to be extra crispy.
How to Make Pancakes Light and Airy
- No one likes pancakes that are hard. You want them to be soft and fluffy like pillows. Here’s how you can make them even fluffier!
- Never mix your batter too much! Before mixing the dry and wet ingredients together in one bowl, you should mix them separately. When you mix them together, your batter is ready.
- There may be a few lumps in your batter. That’s fine. When your batter hits the hot pan, those lumps will blend together.
- You can make pancakes that are even lighter and fluffier by whipping the egg whites before adding them to the buttermilk and egg yolks. This step will take a little more time, but it’s so worth it!
- Let the batter sit for a while before you pour it into the pan. This recipe calls for a lot of baking soda, and when you let the batter sit for a few minutes, the baking soda starts to work.
- Make sure all of your wet ingredients are at room temperature for the fluffiest pancake batter. Take the milk and eggs out of the fridge early or heat them for a few seconds in the microwave.
- Make sure the grill is hot enough. The temperature needs to be 350 degrees F for this recipe.
Ideas for Serving
Once you’ve made a stack of Cracker Barrel pancakes, there are a lot of ways to serve them. Here are some ideas to help you come up with new pancake recipes:
- In the classic style, pour a lot of maple syrup over the pancakes and put a pat of butter on top. Simple, but it works.
- Put fresh berries like strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries on top of your pancakes. For an extra treat, add a dab of whipped cream.
- Put chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds on top of your pancakes for a nutty treat. The crunch and taste will take your breakfast to the next level.
- Add chocolate chips to the pancake batter and let them melt as the pancakes cook for a chocolate lover’s dream. Serve with powdered sugar on top and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- For a tropical twist, cut up some bananas and sprinkle your pancakes with chopped coconut. Add honey to make it taste like the tropics.
How To Make The Best Pancake Recipe Cracker Barrel: Tips
- If you don’t want to use buttermilk, use whole milk, almond milk, or thick cream instead.
- Adding chocolate chips or fresh fruit to the pancake batter is an easy way to make these buttermilk pancakes taste better.
- To get the right amount of pancake batter, use an ice cream scoop.
- Let each pancake cook on one side until bubbles form and the first one pops, then flip and cook for another minute or so.
- Before you put more batter on the griddle or plate, you should always grease it.
How To Keep Pancakes For Longer
In the fridge: Wrap any extra pancakes in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and put them in a container or bag that won’t let air in. When kept this way, they will last for up to a week.
In the freezer: Pancakes can be kept in the freezer for up to three months. Put a piece of parchment paper between each pancake, or wrap them separately in plastic wrap or foil and store them in a freezer-safe bag.
Reheating: Microwave the pancakes for about 10 seconds on each side or heat them in the oven at 325°F for about 6 minutes. Just give the frozen pancakes more time.
Read More Another Blog: Best Presto Pressure Cookers for Effortless Cooking
Frequently Asked Question
Can I use regular milk instead of buttermilk?
Buttermilk is an important part of this recipe because it makes the pancakes fluffy and gives them a sour taste. But if you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can make a substitute by mixing 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar with 1 cup of standard milk. Give it a few minutes to settle down before you use it.
Can I freeze pancakes that are left over?
Yes, you can freeze any pancakes that are left over. Let them cool all the way down, and then stack them with a small piece of parchment paper between each one to keep them from sticking. Put the stack in a container or freezer bag that won’t let air in and freeze it for up to two months. To warm them up again, just put them in the toaster or microwave until they are hot again.
How can I make these pancakes taste even better?
If you want to make Cracker Barrel Pancakes even more decadent, try adding chocolate chips, blueberries, or thinly sliced bananas to the batter. These items will make your pancakes taste and feel even better.
Now you know how to make delicious Cracker Barrel pancakes in your own kitchen.
With just a few easy-to-find items and a few easy-to-follow steps, you can make a stack of golden, fluffy pancakes that are just as good as those served at Cracker Barrel restaurants.
So why hold out? Gather your goods, turn on the griddle, and start a breakfast adventure that will make your taste buds happy and your family smile. Cracker Barrel Pancakes are a tempting treat that you should try today.