You’ll love this best Spicy BBQ Sauce recipe more than any other sauce. It’s simple and goes well with burgers, pizza, or sandwiches.
There is no doubt that this hot BBQ sauce is spicy. First, the pineapple juice and ketchup make your mouth feel sweet. Then, the spices warm your mouth and tickle your throat. If you can’t handle as many spices, you can lessen them, but you should try it this way at least once.
How many types of barbecue sauce are there?
It’s hard to list all the different kinds of barbecue sauce that are out there. As many types of this sauce as people who make them are there in the United States, where making it is an essential job. It would be fair to name them by region if we wanted to organize them by cooking traditions since the steps differ in South Carolina, Kansas, or Memphis.
We can also tell them apart by their main ingredient or base, which helps us understand them better. This makes four kinds of barbecue sauce:
- tomato sauce (like ours)
- base of vinegar
- base of mustard
- base of mayonnaise
An excellent homemade barbecue sauce is often a secondary attraction at a barbecue, but you can use it for more than just roasts. You can marinate and season fish and meats that are baked or cooked. It’s very simple and lets you add more items that you like.
Best Spicy BBQ Sauce Recipe-How to make
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee (or neutral cooking fat of choice)
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion (red or yellow onion also okay)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
Instructions: Best Spicy BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Melt the butter or ghee over medium-low heat in a medium-sized to large pot. After you add the onion, cook for 5 minutes or until it gets soft.
- Put in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until it smells good but doesn’t turn brown.
- Put in the honey, corn syrup, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, chipotle pepper smoked paprika, and ketchup.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce gets thick.
- If the BBQ sauce gets too thick for your taste, add more apple cider vinegar or water until it’s the right consistency. Have fun!
What do you eat with the BBQ sauce you make yourself?
- Roasted Potato Wedges
- Chicken strips
- Steak bites
- Chicken wings
- Chicken Nuggets
- Crispy Tofu
How to preserve your barbecue sauce
It stays fresh longer than other sauces because it has vinegar and sugar in it, which naturally preserves food. If you make a lot and have extra, put it in a jar that won’t let air in and put it in the fridge. It works for at least a week.
You could make your barbecue sauce and keep it in the pantry. Follow these steps to create a preserve:
- Make a lot of it, put it in glass jars with lids, and seal them up.
- Fill a pot with water and put the jars in it. Cook them in a water bath for 30 minutes.
- Let them cool, then take them off and let them cool on their backs.
- When you turn them over, if the lid is a little sunk in, the cleaning is done right.
- Write the date you made the jam on the jars and store them somewhere cool, dry, and out of the light.
It will be great for almost a year, but you won’t have to wait that long. It will break down much faster.
Mistakes you should not make when using homemade barbecue sauce
The right way to use homemade barbecue sauce can make food taste amazing, but the wrong way can ruin a dish beyond repair. Now is the time for people new to barbecue to learn when and how much sauce to use.
Be careful when applying homemade barbecue sauce on the grill.
Quite a bit of sugar is in barbecue sauce, and when food is cooked over high heat, the sugars tend to caramelize very fast. This can cause carbonation on the outside of the food, which can make the food we are making taste terrible. Also, putting it on later than needed will give the meat more time to thoroughly soak up the sauce’s taste.
To fix this, apply homemade barbecue sauce in several thin layers over the food before it’s done. This should be done between one hour and ten minutes, based on how it was prepared and the size of the piece. That way, the food will have enough time to soak up the taste without getting too brown on top.
Application of homemade barbecue sauce when smoking
When you smoke food, you use low temperatures and indirect heat to roast it slowly. Since this is the case, there is no need to worry about charring and getting a perfect browned outside. You can let the homemade barbecue sauce soak in the food for a few minutes before cooking it if you are burning it.
Best Spicy BBQ Sauce Recipe: Can it be frozen?
Yes! You can freeze BBQ sauce; if you won’t use it in two weeks, you should. Putting homemade barbecue sauce in a freezer bag and writing the date on it is the best way to freeze it. Please remove all the extra air, tie the bag up, and put it flat in the freezer. Please put it in the freezer for up to three months. Please put it in the fridge overnight to thaw.
Read More Another Post: Butter Chicken Recipe Easy Way Quick and Tasty